Provide administrative support to ensure the achievement of the Summer Studio and enrichment program goals in collaboration with the director of Summer Studio and enrichment.
Essential functions, duties and responsibilities:
1. Consistently support and act in accordance with the school’s mission and values
2. Ensure the safety and well-being of all students
3. Influence and manage the systems and processes of the office to ensure efficiency, quality tracking, organization, and clear communication
4. Become proficient in the office’s database in order to perform key tasks related to registration, printing rosters/name tags, etc.
5. Collaborate with the director to develop and implement the office action plan and calendar to ensure timelines are established and met
6. Assist with office operations, including:
a. Tracking, monitoring, and following up on student, staff, and vendor attendance in Summer Studio and enrichment
b. Tracking, processing, and mailing of student and camper registration, information, and forms
c. Maintaining student files and emergency binders for both programs
d. Monitoring and ordering supplies, when needed
e. Scheduling and observing vendors and Langley staff classes
f. Managing changes to both Summer Studio and enrichment schedules and registrations
7. Communicate with faculty, staff, and other constituencies to ensure an effective and quality experience for students, parents, and the school
8. Support the promotion of the Summer Studio and enrichment programs, including attending marketing events
9. Assist with ensuring that all licensing requirements are met and maintain licensing records
10. Handle all parent and vendor communications with professionalism and in line with the Langley brand
11. Convey any concerns or areas of improvement to the director of Summer Studio and enrichment in a timely manner
12. Be able to assume key responsibilities of the director of Summer Studio and enrichment in his/her absence
13. Guide and serve as a role model to other Summer Studio staff in areas such as licensing, transitions, and parent, staff, and vendor communication
14. Uphold professional standards of personal presentation, punctuality, professional courtesy, and discretion
1. May be asked to perform operational school duties
2. Other administrative duties as assigned by supervisor and/or head of school
1. Communication skills
a. Exercise clear, constructive, and appropriate communication with students, colleagues, and administration in written and verbal communication.
2. Teamwork and collaboration
a. Exemplify cooperation and collaboration, demonstrate leadership when necessary, be a supportive team member when needed, and assist others to ensure deadlines and goals are met.
b. Demonstrate both concern for colleagues and a strong commitment to the professional development and success of faculty, administrative, and staff colleagues.
a. Demonstrate a passion for learning and the desire to continue to grow and build upon skills to adapt to the changing needs of the school.
b. Respond positively to change and to both positive and negative feedback and incorporate changes into overall performance.
4. Problem solving
a. Assess problems and utilize all available resources to resolve challenges through the proper channels.
5. Critical observation
a. Demonstrate the ability to not only gather information, but to also interpret, analyze, and suggest next steps based upon data.
6. Conflict resolution
a. Persuade, negotiate, and resolve conflicts without negative behaviors and develop mutually beneficial relationships in the organization to serve the best interests of the school and the individuals involved.
1. Relevant administrative experience required
2. Advanced computer skills required
3. Working knowledge of databases required
4. Established competency in dealing with multiple constituencies required
5. Established competency in oral and written communication required
6. Experience working in a professional environment with a focus on confidentiality required
7. Experience working in a school environment preferred
Interested candidates may submit a resume to:
The Langley School 1411 Balls Hill Road McLean, VA 22101
Or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference "Summer Studio & Enrichment Administrative Assistant " in the subject line.