Primary Purpose: Responsible for assisting in the installation and maintenance of electrical locking devices and mechanisms on the University's campuses.
Essential Functions: 1. Installs and maintains electronic card Readers, electrical door latches and electronic request to exit devices, door contact, audible door devices, power transfer hinges and electronic locksets as requested.
2. Provides pathways and pull wire for all building security components.
3. Provides maintenance and recordkeeping of building access, wall vaults and key control.
4. Provides accurate reporting of building access and key control for management.
5. Provides support to other craft departments as they pertain to job responsibilities.
6. Supervises and coordinates the activities of assigned personnel to include advising, instructing and/or training employees in areas relating to work responsibilities/expertise.
7. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
8. Works closely with the University Alarm/Communication Specialist and attains sufficient knowledge and training to be capable of performing basic responsibilities of that position on an emergency basis.
High school diploma or G.E.D
Three (3) years experience with building construction and maintenance, including one (1) year experience with installation of alarm and electrical locking devices; or an equivalent combination of experience, education and training.
Must possess and maintain a valid California drivers license and be insurable under the Universitys insurance policy.
Solid working knowledge of lock & alarm systems, computer skills, building construction codes and recordkeeping.
Ability and willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Knowledge of ad hoc reporting and effective supervisory skills.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed both in and out of doors with exposure to both hot and cold climates. Requires constant walking and standing. Frequent bending, stooping and reaching. Must be able to lift/carry up to fifty (50) pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel: May be called to work evenings and/or weekend hours for emergencies.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience, non-exempt
Background Check Statement: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must pass a criminal background check.
Drawing on its rich legacy as the oldest chartered university in California, Pacific is a student-focused, comprehensive educational institution that produces outstanding graduates prepared for personal and professional success. Our student body thrives in Pacific's small classes and dynamic cultural environment, while our distinguished alumni are transforming their communities every day.
University of the Pacific is a nationally ranked university with a long tradition of dedicated teaching, small class sizes, practical experience and vibrant residential life. The breathtaking main campus in Stockton, California is home to seven schools and colleges, with more than 80 majors and programs of study. Pacific also has the McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento and the Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry in San Francisco. Total university enrollment is nearly 7,000, with 3,757 undergraduates in an average class size of 19 and a student/faculty ratio of 14:1. Eighty-seven percent of students come from California, with 35 other states and 25 foreign countries also represented.