Facility Manager (Lubbock, TX)-2000121 We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team--especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2019. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Facility Manager (2000121) - Lubbock, TX
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to assure all Lubbock facilities are maintained in working order according to BASF and local standards. You will ensure business operational continuity for both the short and long term and drive improvement initiatives. You will develop and implement cross-function initiatives and processes related to site management, operations, and maintenance of facilities and infrastructure. You will also assist with the project engineering/management for capital projects for the sites and maintenance contracts and preventative maintenance programs.
The geographical Scope for the role is comprised of all Lubbock sites: Seeds Innovation Center, Trait Development Building and Greenhouse, Breeding and Trait Development Site, Distribution Center, Erskine Seed Production Plant, Erskine Quality Assurance Laboratory, Littlefield Seed Production Plant, and Fuzzy Seed Warehouses.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
* Leveraging your education in a technical field (engineering preferred) and your experience in facility engineering, facility management, and/or maintenance, you will manage the existing maintenance programs and take appropriate actions to fill capability gaps. Additionally, you will initiate predictive maintenance programs and determine the required level of preventative maintenance.
* Demonstrating your background in project engineering, maintenance programs and strategies, you will manage maintenance and service contracts at all Lubbock sites. This includes synergizing and simplifying contracts across all sites and conducting a competitive and transparent bidding process during maintenance and service contract renewals for all approved vendors, providing best value for the organization.
* Multitasking successfully, you will manage all facility services needed for the sites including supplies (i.e. water, energy), EHS and security, landscape services, and environmental services.
* Utilizing your excellent organization and planning skills, you will improve building/equipment reliability and operability by assuring uniformity in technical standards based on BASF policies and guidelines.
* Your experience in budgeting and cost analysis & control will be essential as you assist with the development of annual maintenance and capital budgets for the facilities and spend within budget limitations.
* Effectively coordinating with site managers, you will specify, recommend, and collaborate to implement facility modifications to improve safety, security, reliability, and operability.
* Your ability to constructively coordinate and oversee the work of others will aid you as you will be responsible for all contractors on site relating to safety and security procedures and expectation of their willingness to follow these procedures. You will also ensure vendor compliance and adherence to corporate and local policies and standards.
* Your excellent verbal and written communication skills will serve you well as you provide timely coordination and reporting to site managers prior to, during, and after services are provided. You will also conduct feedback communications to measure the level of satisfaction among internal customers.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you--the whole you--in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
At BASF, we create chemistry – and have been doing so for 150 years. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. As the world’s leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future.