Reliability Engineer & Utilities Supervisor (Manati, Puerto Rico)-2000421 We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team--especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2019. Also, the BASF Manati site has been recognized as Best Employers of Puerto Rico for seven consecutive years and W Certified Company for three consecutive years. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Reliability Engineer & Utilities Supervisor (2000421) - Manati, Puerto Rico
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to be responsible for driving reliability performance by using the most appropriate and effective tools and techniques. You will provide technical support to Production and Maintenance personnel, lead or participate in Root Cause Failure Analysis and monitor KPI data for early identification and resolution of reliability issues. You will also collaborate with other Engineering personnel to support capital projects by supplying engineering expertise in the specification, design and construction of projects in accordance with BASF standards and regulatory requirements.
Additionally, you will directly supervise the Utilities Department crew to ensure that all production areas and site facilities are operating consistently and are in compliance with all requirements established by quality programs, cross contamination, prevention of microbiological contamination, occupational health, security, safety (including process safety) and environmental protection, established by BASF. Proficiency in both English/Spanish (reading, writing and speaking) is a requirement for this role.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
* Leveraging your bachelor's degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering and your experience in chemical, pharmaceutical, or manufacturing maintenance with a strong focus on reliability, you will apply appropriate reliability tools to drive improvements, optimize costs and improve asset effectiveness. Tools may include (but are not limited to) Bad Actor Program, FMEA, RBI, RBM, RCM, Reliability Roadmap, etc.
* Your strong leadership ability will be exercised as you supervise the Utilities Department to provide reliable utilities to production areas and plant facilities.
* Demonstrating your solid understanding of maintenance and reliability work processes, as well as SAP knowledge, you will monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and metrics for proactive identification and resolution of reliability issues.
* Your solid background in equipment troubleshooting, including root cause failure analysis and implementation of improvement efforts, will be essential as you lead Root Cause Failure Analyses (RCFA's) and corrective actions for complex and/or repetitive problems.
* Pairing your technical and business knowledge, you will evaluate new technologies and alternatives for equipment repair, seeking cost and delivery advantages. Additionally, you will identify and implement mechanical best practices across the site.
* Using your knowledge of mechanical equipment design and understanding of maintenance and reliability activities associated with equipment such as pumps, vessels, tanks, relief devices, and solids handling equipment, you will support Capital Projects by supplying engineering expertise in the specification, design and construction of projects in accordance with plant design requirements, BASF standards and regulatory requirements.
* Utilizing your thorough background in the utilization of PdM tools (vibration analysis, lube oil analysis, thermography, etc.) for equipment condition evaluation and improvement, you will pursue continuous improvement of site-wide predictive and preventative maintenance programs and assist in the training and development of in-house maintenance resources.
* Your self-directed work style and strong organizational skills will be valued assets as you will be responsible of the Mechanical Integrity Program for the site, ensuring full compliance to PSM regulations.
* Your unwavering commitment to safety and compliance will be evident as you will be responsible for the compliance of BASF's program standards such as, environmental, safety, process safety, industrial hygiene, and site KPI's.
Leadership Expectations : As a leader at BASF, you will play a key role in creating value for the company through people. Our top candidate will be expected to enable greater personal success among our employees through quality people development, coaching, and performance management. Leaders at BASF are role models to help employees develop the competencies needed to implement BASF's strategy. Our expectation is that leaders will coach and develop team members to reach their full potential, and support relevant development assignments, opportunities and moves while motivating and challenging employees to drive high performance. Our leaders must be committed to "hiring the best" internally and externally at the same time they are creating an inclusive environment which embraces and derives value from diversity. Finally, a leader at BASF must establish and support our safety culture in which all accidents are preventable.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you--the whole you--in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
At BASF, we create chemistry – and have been doing so for 150 years. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. As the world’s leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future.