Under general supervision of the Dean, Online Education and Learning Science, the Instructional Designer (ID) serves as an innovative resource providing consultation, training, and support to faculty in their efforts to create and maintain instructional components to be delivered within an interactive online learning environment.
The ID provides expertise and knowledge on various pedagogical approaches and effective practices to support online and hybrid course delivery. The ID will follow the course development processes at New England College (NEC) which includes alignment of outcomes, assessments and activities and assists developers in the completion of a course blueprint. Aligning the course to a course quality rubric and providing feedback is required.
The Instructional Designer will: • Apply instructional design theories, practice, and methods in the course development and redevelopment processes;
• Design and build online and hybrid courses in collaboration with faculty course developers within contractual time period;
• Maintain the flow of tasks and monitor due date timelines for course developers to complete course development projects;
• Align a course quality design rubric to new course development and provide constructive and supportive feedback to faculty course developers;
• Provide faculty training as appropriate;
• Monitor developments in andragogy, and effective practices in online curriculum design and delivery;
• Evaluate existing and emerging technologies, processes, products, services and leading industry performance benchmarks;
• Establish and work within strict project deadlines.
Education: • Master’s degree from an accredited college or university; • Terminal degree preferred.
Experience: • Minimum 5 years of experience in higher education; • Evidence of experience with online course quality; • Online learning instructional support experience; • Evidence of experience interacting with faculty at the college level.
Skills and Knowledge: • Excellent communication skills; • Demonstrated leadership ability; • Knowledge of learning management systems, specifically Blackboard; • Knowledge of Google Spreadsheets; • Knowledge of MS O365.
About New England College
New England College is a private, non-profit college, located in the quintessential New England town of Henniker, New Hampshire dedicated to providing exceptional education for undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral students from all over the world.