JOB SUMMARY: Manages team offering direction on registration, arrivals and discharge. Strategically develops and oversees processes and standards for the department. Resolves escalated patient and staff issues.
Identifies, establishes and evaluates quality assurance standards and programs.
Measures and reports ongoing financial and operational performance.
Performs data quality audits of systems.
Achieves financial targets and improves financial position through accuracy of collections, monitoring of department targets, and working with staff on high risk situations.
Oversees staff and departmental performance to achieve productivity and quality goals.
Ensures proper collection of patient liabilities during registration and discharge process.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
WORKFLOW MANAGEMENT (ADVANCED): - Knowledge of the tasks, procedural steps, organizations or people involved, required input and output information, and toolsneeded for each step in a business process. Able to build on this knowledge in order to make a process more efficient andeffective.
LEADERSHIP (INTERMEDIATE): - Formulates a vision while motivating & guiding employees promoting engagement. Leaders state precise goals, ensures the commitment of individuals to those goals, defines the methods of measurement, and provides the incentive to accomplish measureable outcomes.
OPERATIONS PLANNING (INTERMEDIATE): - Anticipates resource needs to meet objectives and implements appropriate processes.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT (INTERMEDIATE): - Interacting, communicating, building relationships and developing employees.
COMPLIANCE (INTERMEDIATE): - Understanding the rules, regulations, sanctions and other statutory requirements, guidelines and instructions relating to governing bodies and organizations, both internally and externally.
BUSINESS RESULTS (NOVICE): - Ability to achieve business results while focusing on quality, customer satisfaction, and stewardship.
QUALITY MANAGEMENT (NOVICE): - Developing a systematic process of checking to see whether a process or service is meeting specific requirements.
Organizational Impact: Directs activities to achieve operational plans with some near term effect on results of the department/area.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Identifies issues, gathers facts to resolve technical and operational problems.
Breadth of Knowledge: Applies in-depth knowledge and skills of a professional/technical area and basic management knowledge to manage the work of the team.
Team Interaction: Leads a complex department with a focus on implementation. Typically executes on a short to medium term strategies.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (M2):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (M2):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (M2):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (M2):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (M2):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Internal Number: 2005917
About Vanderbilt Health
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.