The Wise Mind Institute (WMI) is an integrative center that offers outpatient psychotherapy, training for licensed and pre-licensed mental health professionals, and self- development/psychoeducation-oriented workshops for the public. With offices in Berkeley, Redwood City, and Pleasanton, CA, we offer individual, couples, and group psychotherapy to adults and adolescents with a range of presenting issues including, but not limited to, substance use, personality disorders, depression, anxiety, and suicidal or parasuicidal behavior. Current areas of specialization include existential and relationship issues, BPD, NPD, OCPD, substance dependence, chronic anxiety or depression, and impulse control disorders. Core modalities of our clinicians include mindfulness-based therapies, existential humanism, psychodynamic, and DBT/RO-DBT.
Our Redwood City office is now hiring for our Licensed Staff Clinician position. Eligible candidates include licensed psychologists, LMFTs, LCSWs, and LPCCs. We are looking for an individual with exceptional skill, deep inspiration in their work, and a commitment to ongoing self-growth to join our team! Staff Clinicians manage a caseload of approximately 20 individual clients, and participate in regular team consultation, training, and business development meetings. They also co-lead DBT or RO-DBT skills classes and may provide supervision to postdoctoral psychological assistants, or offer therapy groups, classes, or presentations as they are inspired and is in line with WMI values.
Duties and Responsibilities Weekly duties include:
• Approx. 20 individual therapy sessions • 3 hr team consultation meeting • Maintain case files through TheraNest EHR
In addition to the above weekly duties, Staff Clinicians are responsible for documenting therapy sessions, conducting intake and consultation phone calls, attending networking and business development meetings, and other administrative duties. Staff Clinicians should be prepared to work up to 20 hours per week on administrative and business development tasks in addition to their 20 client hours per week, as this is a full-time position.
• Must be licensed to practice psychotherapy in the state of California as a psychologist, LMFT, LCSW, or LPCC (or in current state but able to complete licensing requirements within 3 months of start date). • Must live in or be willing to relocate to San Francisco Bay Area. • Must maintain active licensure in good standing.
Skillset & Qualities:
• Commitment to personal growth as well as WMI principles of wisdom, compassion, and mindfulness. • Strong commitment to and experience with cultural humility and honoring intersectional identities in psychotherapy. • Excellent emotional intelligence, social awareness, and interpersonal skill. • Ability to quickly establish rapport with new clients. • Independent and self-motivated yet open to constructive feedback. • Experience in behavioral psychotherapeutic modalities (DBT, CBT, etc) and techniques as well as a foundation of mindfulness or depth-oriented therapeutic approaches. • Fluency with computer software (Microsoft Word, Excel, Gmail, etc.) and willingness to learn new software.
• Must have a personal computer capable of operating TheraNest EHR and Microsoft Office.
Ideal Candidates with the following experience are strongly encouraged to apply:
• Specialization with adolescents and families • Extensive experience working with diverse populations • Comfort/experience with high risk populations (active suicidality, self-harm, etc) • Intensive training/experience in behavioral modalities • Conducting therapy in a language other than English • Diversity of life experience
Telecommuting is allowed.
Additional Salary Information: Commission based compensation that allows clinician significant control over their income.
Internal Number: 1
About The Wise Mind Institute
The Wise Mind Institute is a training and treatment center dedicated to holistic psychotherapeutic care. Founded by Dr. Chris Harrison (PSY 23743) and Dr. Wes Pederson (PSY 26040), the Institute offers empirically supported treatments for clients and advanced training for post-doctoral clinicians. Our core values of wisdom, compassion and mindfulness inform all that we do. Our clinicians receive advanced training in the following modalities: existential-humanistic psychotherapy; Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT/RO-DBT); interpersonal neurobiology. These treatment models allow our therapists to meet the varied needs of the people who seek our assistance.
The Institute offers brief and extended courses of psychotherapy for a wide range of presenting issues. We specialize in the treatment of dual diagnosis (combined substance use and mental health disorders), issues of emotional over-control and under-control, grief and loss, and life transitions. All staff clinicians receive weekly individual and group supervision with Drs. Harrison and Pederson.