Eagle Nest Golf Club is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of full-time 1st Assistant Superintendent. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service.
Key Responsibilities of the Assistant Superintendent:
Works with the Superintendent to ensure that the annual golf course maintenance budget and capital plans are maintained and followed.
Supervises and assists maintenance staff in daily duties.
Assists in the planning, organizing and direction of the maintenance and construction of putting greens, tees, fairways, roughs, and bunkers.
Supervises the planting and cultural practices involved in growing various turf grasses, trees and ornamental plants.
Ensures that construction equipment is properly maintained.
Assists in the procurement of supplies and materials and ensures costs remain within budgetary limitations.
Keeps records of annual maintenance activities and costs and assists with the preparation of required prepares reports.
Follows sound purchasing procedures utilizing preferred vendors, when possible.
Reconciles and provides timely coding of all invoices, payroll and other required documents.
Ensures all company policies and procedures are followed including compliance with government regulations.
Ensures associates obtain proper license needed to perform job tasks safely and within city, state, and federal regulations. Addresses directly all real or perceived environmental concerns.
Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Mechanic, Environmental Technician, Equipment Operator, Foreman, Greens keeper, and Irrigation Technician.
Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs.
Monitors business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
The Golf Course Spray Technician is responsible for assisting in the maintenance the golf course. They help diagnose specific diseases and treat insects that affect critical areas of the course. As well as identify and treat unwanted vegetation, using both preventative and curative methods.
· Select and appropriately apply all pesticides, herbicides and fertilizers associated with grounds and golf course maintenance; operate and care for golf course maintenance equipment; maintain golf course grounds.
· Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· 1. Inspects turf, shrubs, lakes, and other outdoor areas to determine pesticide, herbicide and fertilizer needs.
· 2. Applies pesticides, herbicides and fertilizers at appropriate times to maintain excellent condition of golf course and grounds.
· 3. Recommends suppliers, products and equipment related to spraying.
· 4. Recommends purchase and restocking of products and equipment related to spraying, as needed.
· 5. Maintains proper inventory of spraying products.
· 6. Performs preventive maintenance on and keeps accurate records for all equipment.
· 7. Maintains safety records per OSHA requirements.
· 8. Keeps pesticide storage facility in a clean and orderly manner; ensures facility is locked when not present.
· 9. Maintains direct communication with golf professionals and golf course superintendent.
· 10. Attends applicable training seminars and classes to maintain current knowledge.
· 11. Conducts all work in compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration standards; guidelines, personal protection equipment etc.
· 12. Complies with all Club policies and procedures
We are looking for a spray tech /equip operator (must have current SC pesticide license.)