Strand Associates, Inc.® is currently seeking full-time experienced architectural candidates for positions in our Milwaukee and Madison, WI locations. The architect will participate in all phases of architectural design for municipal, commercial, and industrial buildings. In addition to the design of new facilities, our projects include renovation and adaptive reuse of existing and historic buildings.
Ideal candidates will have strong design and technical skills, and experience with all phases of project development from schematic design through construction for mid to large size projects. An ability to produce thorough construction documents and technical specifications, strong communication and presentation skills, and solid construction administration experience are required.
· Degree in Architecture from an accredited university
· Minimum 8 years of experience
· Professional Licensure in Wisconsin or ability to obtain
· NCARB Certification a plus
· Working knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD
· Interest/ experience in sustainable design and building performance
· LEED accreditation a plus
· Motivated self-starter and works well in a collaborative environment
· Ability to communicate comfortably and confidently with team members and clients
· Interest in leading and/or supporting design team on large projects
· Ability to manage a team of intermediate to junior architects
· Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
About Strand Associates, Inc.
Established in 1946, Strand Associates, Inc is a dynamic, multidisciplinary engineering and architectural firm serving the needs of public and private sector clients throughout the USA. We have 11 offices located in the states of Arizona, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, Texas, and Wisconsin. In 2019, we were ranked 187 out of the Top 500 Design Firms in the USA by Engineering News-Record.
Our Corporate Mission states that we are dedicated to helping our clients succeed through excellence in engineering. In accordance with this mission, we are continually expanding our staff and service offerings to broaden our base of experience and knowledge so that we can provide more creative and comprehensive solutions to our clients’ needs.
Strand is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.