Primary Purpose: Responsible for supporting Facilities Management's goal of providing consistent, cost-effective, efficient, reliable, and sustainable geospatial systems in support of the University's mission. This position provides geospatial analysis, drafting, digitizing and database maintenance to fill customer requests for geospatial solutions, reporting to Managed Services, and working closely with Construction Management, Real Estate & Space management to create new and supplemental reporting models and aids in the development of tools to support strategic space planning.
Essential Functions: 1. Analyzing space data using various data analysis methodology, geospatial and database tools to determine data quality, completeness and reliability of measurement values.
2. Developing and maintaining standard space reports and reporting services to support efficient data request needs for frequently needed data sets.
3. Identifying and analyzing data and trends to determine areas of opportunity for space utilization and space performance improvement, operational efficiency, and inventory improvements.
4. Integrating drawings, maps, and other information compatible with the existing University information base including current releases, drafting, mapping, graphics software, and digitizing and maintaining information related to space planning.
5. Collecting new and corrected drawings and integrates them into a database.
6. Consults with Supervisors regarding relational data systems changes necessary to maintain and develop the Space Management System, as well as manages the space planning assignments, as well as producing the appropriate reports.
7. Ensures ongoing data transfer and integration between University enterprise business systems.
8. Maintaining space inventory data.
9. Creating and maintains floor plans using various geospatial tools.
10. Ensuring the accuracy of drawings provided by consultants through field measurements and construction project documentation review phases.
11. Inform customers on space planning solutions.
12. Provide training to Facility customers across university departments on space data standards.
13. Update and manage AutoCAD system.
14. Create and maintain SQL or similar relational database.
15. Provide information regarding integrating space and other enterprise information.
16. Ability to manage Facilities Inventory and classification manual (FICM) standards for space inventory coding.
17. Ability to manage Autodesk Revit or other Building information modeling tools.
Minimum Qualifications: Two (2) years post secondary education. Two (2) years experience in space planning.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelors degree in engineering, architecture, computer science, or computer-aided drafting, space planning and design or equivalent combination of education and/or experience with significant coursework in computer-aided drafting and design, or planning. Accurent software FAMIS and EMS Associates degree with a minimum of six years of professional experience utilizing AutoCAD and analyzing, developing, integrating, and managing a variety of large-scale data sets to aid in space planning and management decisions may be considered in lieu of degree. Two years of professional experience utilizing AutoCAD, as well as analyzing, developing, integrating, and managing a variety of large-scale data sets to aid in space planning and management decisions is required.
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel: Work performed during standard business hours. This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require the ability to attend meetings and programs across campus, including Sacramento and San Francisco.
Valid drivers license required. Incumbent must also be able to meet the Universitys fleet rules and be eligible to drive for University business. The University and its insurance carrier reserves the right to exclude applicants based on their driving record.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience, non-exempt
Background Check Statement: All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are required to execute a release and authorization for a background screening.
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Drawing on its rich legacy as the oldest chartered university in California, Pacific is a student-focused, comprehensive educational institution that produces outstanding graduates prepared for personal and professional success. Our student body thrives in Pacific's small classes and dynamic cultural environment, while our distinguished alumni are transforming their communities every day.University of the Pacific is a nationally ranked university with a long tradition of dedicated teaching, small class sizes, practical experience and vibrant residential life. The breathtaking main campus in Stockton, California is home to seven schools and colleges, with more than 80 majors and programs of study. Pacific also has the McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento and the Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry in San Francisco. Total university enrollment is nearly 7,000, with 3,757 undergraduates in an average class size of 19 and a student/faculty ratio of 14:1. Eighty-seven percent of students come from California, with 35 other states and 25 foreign countries also represented.