To install, maintain and repair the Corporation's electric distribution and the associated WVPA transmission system in a safe and efficient manner.
1. Perform the extremely complicated line construction and maintenance work on energized low voltage secondaries and on de-energized primary conductors, structures and equipment in accordance with approved specifications.
2. Perform the complicated work on energized high voltage primary conductors and equipment.
3. Carry out service and work order assignments, interpret staking sheets, prepare daily time sheets, material tickets, and field and inspection reports.
4. Observe safety rules and work procedures at all times.
5. Keep informed on a continuing basis of modern methods to be able to perform first aid and artificial respiration and pole and basket resuscitation and rescue.
6. Maintain courteous relationships with the members while making connects, disconnects, installing services, collecting accounts, reading meters, etc. when assigned.
7. Collect delinquent accounts when assigned.
8. Participate in job training and safety meetings.
9. Complete scheduled tool and equipment inspections.
10. Perform 24/7 "on-call" duty assignments as a condition of employment when scheduled and which is required to maintain continuity of service after regular working hours and on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays observed by the Corporation. A 50% response rate to outages, emergencies and trouble calls is the Corporation's expectation.
11. Perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
12. Must have and maintain a valid Class (A) Missouri Commercial Driver's License.
13. Employment is conditioned upon satisfactory completion of a physical examination (which includes drug testing) by a Company doctor.
Minimum of a high school diploma is required. A degree, certificate, or other coursework from an institution specializing in Electrical Line construction and maintenance or similar institution is preferred.
Minimum of four (4) years of progressive experience as a 1st through 4th Year Lineman in electric system line construction, operation and maintenance demonstrated by the successful completion of each step of the Employer's Apprentice Evaluation and Approval Program as it exists today or in the past.
Documentation of equivalent qualifications from a previous employer or agency in lieu of the CEC Program may be considered by Management.
Must have met all knowledge requirements for 1st through 4th Year Lineman. Should possess a good workable knowledge of principles and practices in line construction, service, operation and maintenance requirements in an electric distribution and transmission system. Must have a good knowledge of RUS construction specifications.
ABILITIES & SKILLS:
Should possess the ability and skills:
The ability to inspire peers and those supervised through effective leadership skills and work performance.
Develop and stimulate the use of training required for individual growth and development and build aggressive and agreeable team spirit among the employees assigned to work with him/her.
To understand the Corporation as a public corporation and its form of business organization and the role of the members in such an organization.
Must possess adequate computer skills to navigate the Company's electronic mapping and customer information systems as well as other electronic devices common to the Utility Industry.
In addition to those abilities and skills required of 1st through 4th Year Lineman, the Journeyman Lineman must possess the abilities and skills to be able to perform, including but not limited to, the following with only occasional contact with his/her Supervisor:
Install or remove substation transformers.
Check three phase rotation and able to phase out line.
Install, replace or remove oil circuit breakers and sectionalizers.
Install, replace or remove capacitors or voltage regulators on energized lines.
Make repairs and maintain transformers, circuit breakers and sectionalizers, adjust or maintain cutouts.
Move hot lines, including the crossing of other lines.
Seek out cause and repair trouble on low voltage or primary lines and substations.
Know electrical theory of transformers and can check polarity.
Know how to use and read all types of indicating or measuring instruments used on electric transmission or distribution lines and related equipment.
See Addendum for Journeyman Lineman should be able to perform all tasks and duties involved with line construction, maintenance and service with/without supervision.
Job requires heavy lifting, awkward work position and exposure to many adverse elements of weather plus hazards of working around energized lines and apparatus.
Electric Utility line work requires working outside under all weather conditions. Due to Citizens Electric Corporation being a 24/7 electric utility service organization, all Lineman positions are subject to irregular hours for emergencies.
Domicile requirement: All personnel hired for (and existing employees bidding into) the line work classifications must live within fifteen (15) minutes driving time from their reporting station no later than one hundred eighty (180) days after the completion of the probationary period. For existing employees, grand fathering will be acknowledged per the Bargaining Unit Agreement
This position is based in our North District Service Center in Ste. Genevieve, MO (see the domicile requirement in the job description).