* Broad experience with direct customer contact on a technical basis is required.
* Must be able to work in a stressful environment where constructive feedback from others is encouraged.
* Must have excellent conflict resolution skills.
* Must be available and willing to work overtime, Saturdays to meet customer project commitments.
* Must perform duties in the office or outside the office as part of a project team.
* Must be able and willing to travel and work at customer sites, including industrial plants, ships, etc., which may require climbing, working in confined spaces and other unusual work environments
* May participate in development of business team strategic plan.
* Technically leads the design, implementation, test and start-up phases of complex systems projects.
* May identify technologies to be used in standard offerings, new applications and extensions of current architectures or software packages.
* Works with the Project Manager to plan and schedule project activities.
* May participate in detailed system implementation and start-up.
* Frequently leads requirements definition, system conceptualization and design efforts for complex system projects.
* Leads efforts of up to 7 engineering personnel on complex projects.
* Leads contractors on project assignments.
* Coaches and mentors less-experienced engineers assigned to projects.
* Leverages and shares specialized application knowledge or specialized technology knowledge within Rockwell.
* May lead internal engineering improvement efforts.
* Frequently serves as the lead engineering interface with customer for assigned projects.
* Supports an environment conducive to successful team interaction.
* Responsible for the technical success of complex projects
* Responsible for meeting project schedule, budgeted hours, and customer satisfaction targets.
* Must be commercially aware of the impact to the business of selecting and developing the project design and implementation
* Builds partnerships at a technical level of key customers.
* May conceptualize the technical solution and provide engineering hours estimates for sales proposals.
* May present and develop technical aspects of sales proposals to customers.
* Responsible for following all applicable corporate, company, governmental and regulatory policies and procedures as appropriate for this position.
* Expected to deliver a number of sales opportunities and leads through direct involvement with customers, during a project and post implementation
* Responsible for delivering projects that meet the quality systems of the customer and the business unit.
Experience required for Professional Level :
* Typically seven or more years experience in a systems, software, process automation or application engineering capacity including successful field start-up experience.
* Conversant with MS Office software products Excel, Access, Word, etc.
* Contributes professional & technical expertise
* Collaborates & team effectively
* Communicates effectively
* Adds value for customers & partners
* Attains results
* Drives productivity
* Thinks and acts strategically
* Demonstrates business & financial acumen
* Leads change
* Acts courageously
* BS in Engineering discipline or equivalent knowledge; further education in engineering, computer science or project management is a plus, industry application knowledge is required
* Local language skills, plus excellent English language (verbal and written)
Internal Number: R21-5832
About Rockwell Automation
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth – and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.