DESIGN+BUILD is a rapidly expanding organization which fosters and cultivates a culture of innovation and creativity to set themselves apart from their competitors. As DESIGN+BUILD continues its growth trajectory with a more demanding echelon of clients and larger projects, we find ourselves needing to produce projects faster, maintain and increase projects profitably and at a higher level of customer service. Our goal is to simplify the communication, accountability, and management of the tenant improvement process, both internally, and for our clients.
As an Architect / Designer, you will be delivering drawings and specifications as part of regional Design projects. You will work with high-level clients, establishing relationships and providing technical support throughout the project lifecycle.
Your primary responsibilities will involve supporting Design projects and working with clients here in the Portland market. The key elements of the role involve the following:
· Capitalize on your in-depth understanding and knowledge of architecture by leading project teams from concept through completion.
· Compile full documentation sets that enable ease in constructability.
· Plan, develop, and execute thorough design documentation including thorough design documents and comprehensive drawings that meet all code requirements and wow our clients.
· Lead presentations that blow our clients away
· Mentor and develop staff members to produce exceptional design products
· Act as an expert to ensure a quality design and documentation process
· Coordinate with clients, other designers, consultants, technical and construction teams
· Prioritise and contribute to multiple projects simultaneously
· Develop and enhance our standards
· Contribute to our culture of creativity and innovation. Think outside the box
· Actively participating in mentorship programs and learning from colleagues
· Ensuring alignment to culture, values and behaviours of DESIGN+BUILD
· Contributing to the creation of a high performing, innovative team environment
· Proactively identifying and escalating risks, where relevant, whilst operating in compliance with ethical practices
· Continually enhancing depth and breadth of design/ technical design skills, staying current with external market
· Demonstrated ability to deliver within time restraints and meet project deadlines
· Effective and regular communication across teams
· Active engagement with team members to drive learning
· Consistent standards/technical standards applied across all projects
· Actions taken to identify and resolve risks and issues
Technical knowledge, skills and experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Design, or equivalent degree is preferred
· Ideally, a Registered Architect
· LEED certification is a major plus Minimum 5 years of experience designing corporate interiors
· Exceptional knowledge of Revit (BIM)
· Well versed in technical design, building codes, specifications, building and engineering systems
· Expert at providing guidance and feedback to help grow staff
· Previous success leading corporate interiors projects
· An exceptional leader with a knack for coaching and mentoring
· Committed to client excellence with excellent relationship skills
· Passionate about the efficiencies of the workplace design process
· A strong collaborator
· A proactive, flexible, problem solving, self-starter
· Highly organized, deadline driven and able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Thrives in a fast-paced environment
DESIGN+BUILD is a local team of individuals brought together by an intrinsic desire to buck the status quo. We believe design influences human behavior, and workspace design is an imperative tool to engage, empower and inspire people to do their best work.