The Director, Smart Building Technology, will advance Greystar's technology vision by incorporating building systems and smart unit technology into the service platform capabilities to create an improved customer experience and operational efficiency at communities. The Director will work in partnership with internal stakeholders and as a facilitator of key external partnerships needed to execute Greystar's strategy.
1. Serves as a thought leader in establishing operational strategies and an in-house approach to building systems and smart unit technologies.
2. Establishes key external partnerships that will be necessary to execute on building systems and smart unit assessments, installations, and support.
3. Serves as the Point of Contact for requests for services from internal customers in the area of building systems and smart unit technologies; educates internal stakeholders on the key elements of Greystar's in-house position and how that should affect decisions made on our communities; and, apprises these stakeholders of the process to engage with key external partners for selected services.
4. Consults with management and investment clients by presenting our in-house viewpoint on building system and smart unit technologies.
5. Partners with our operations and support teams (local and enterprise) to integrate building systems and smart unit technology into our operational technology platforms and practices.
6. Consults with our Operational Practices Teams (OPT) and legal/risk teams to create policies, procedures, and practices related to building systems and smart unit technologies.
7. Serves as a member of the innovation team and assists in assessing the capabilities and viability of emerging building system and smart unit technologies.
8. Partners with our investment and development teams to leverage the operational in-house viewpoint into recommendations and options for equipment and services for an existing building retro-fit or new building construction.
Depending on the position offered, regular full-time and part-time team members may be eligible to participate in a bonus program in addition to their base salary. Once eligible, team members may participate in the 401k plan. Regular, full-time team members are also offered a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits from which to choose.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Internal Number: R0029010
National Platform with Local ExpertiseGreystar, founded in 1993, provides world-class service in the multifamily real estate business. Our innovative business model integrates the management, development and investment disciplines of the multifamily industry on both national and local levels. This unique approach and our commitment to hiring the very best multifamily professionals have resulted in record growth, making us one of the most respected and trusted multifamily real estate companies in the country.Because our business model includes both investment and service-oriented businesses, we’re able to maintain a constant presence in local markets and create value in all phases of the real estate cycle. Our national platform provides economies of scale, financial sophistication, institutional quality reporting and tremendous capital relationships, while our city offices provide local market expertise and execution.Our dedication to redefining excellence in apartment living means we’re constantly exploring innovative ideas and pioneering new ways to serve our residents and clients. The Greystar team is more than 5,300 team members strong and growing. Check out the latest opportunities.