Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its nine colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
Department: Office of Facilities Management
Campus: Rose Hill (RH) - Bronx
This position oversees a variety of building systems, alterations, renovations and construction throughout the entire facility.
· Manages alteration, renovation, and new construction projects from scope development through design, construction and commissioning as assigned.
· Administers construction contracts with construction firms.
· Monitors project costs and project budget.
· Assumes construction and design contract administration responsibilities from planning through design, construction and commissioning.
· Capability to converse on a technical level with design consultants such as architects and engineers.
· Identifies potential problems with existing buildings and equipment.
· Prepares technical reports and engineering/economic studies for project budgeting and planning.
· Assures contractor compliance with all applicable construction and building codes.
· Develops and maintains relationships with local construction and design partners. Recommend firms for bidding solicitation.
· Implements plant P/M procedures working closely with physical plant.
· High School Diploma or equivalent.
· B.S. Degree in Engineering or Architecture or equivalent engineering or architectural experience with a four year degree preferred. · Familiarity with major facility process equipment such as chillers, boilers, fans, pumps, cooling towers, lighting, etc.
· Minimum five (5) years of project management experience in facility construction, renovation, design, and project commissioning.
· Computer literacy required.
· Strong communication skills required.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Fordham Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United kingdom.