Pay Range: $19.13 per hour or higher depending on education and experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Position Summary: Under the direction of the interior Shop Supervisor and Roofer/Masonry Lead, this position will work within a team environment performing specialized duties in support of departmental goals. These duties generally involve the exterior environments of the buildings on campus. The duties may include the maintenance and/or repair of roofs and masonry. The work requires the operation of a variety of equipment. Duties also involve working with other trade specialties.
A consistent/regular schedule
11 Paid holidays, 12+ paid vacation days and 12 days of sick leave per year
Reduced-cost education opportunities
Medical, dental and vision insurance with employer cost-sharing
State of Idaho PERSI annuity retirement program
This is an essential position that will be called during emergencies and/or University closure.
Minimum Qualifications: - Using and maintaining tools, equipment and materials associated with carpentry/roofing; and reading and interpreting blueprints and specifications.
- Combination of education and work experience totaling three (3) years directly related to roofing.
- Experience with roofing technology and materials including: flat seam metal, raised metal, asphalt shingle, single ply membrane, built up roofs, as well as experience in exterior masonry repairs and maintenance.
- Experience with building techniques involved with new and remodel construction as well as technical practices associated with construction.
- Experience following best practices for workplace safety while using power tools, roofing equipment and materials in the field.
- Tile masonry work experience as it applies to roofs and exteriors.
- Must have experience is assessing building codes and standards for roof and masonry construction.
- Must have experience communicating by email, phone, radio, and in person with customers and teammates.
Preferred Qualifications: Computer use: Drafting programs, Word Processor, and Email.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions: - Physical ability to: lift, carry and/or otherwise move items weighing approximately 90 pounds; bend, stoop, climb and work from ladders; move from position to position and between work locations continuously throughout the work shift. - Must be able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) and safety gear.
Posting Number: SP003000P
Posting Date: 08/31/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions: Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
Since 1889, the University of Idaho has provided motivated students with a transformative higher education experience that prepares them to solve real-world problems and achieve success in their lives and careers. Beginning with our beautiful residential campus in Moscow, the university’s reach extends throughout Idaho, serving over 12,000 students with educational centers in Coeur d’Alene, Boise and Idaho Falls, a research and extension center in Twin Falls, plus Extension offices in 42 counties. One of the nation’s land-grant research universities, U of I is a noted national leader in student-centered learning and interdisciplinary research that promotes public service. Our work serves businesses and communities, advancing the pursuit of diversity, citizenship and global outreach.