This position provides administrative and clerical support for the Engineering Services/Distribution Design unit personnel; serves as liaison with member; expedites work order closing; tracks productivity and service order statistics; and prepares monthly reports.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The listing of essential duties and responsibilities shall not be held to exclude other duties that may be assigned based on the needs of the Cooperative.
· Assign service orders to the Engineers via Smart Track.
· Prepare and send member quotes and invoices based on engineering estimates.
· Collect contribution in aid of construction payments for the processing of work orders.
· Create service orders as requested.
· Create Blanket Work Orders and distribute monthly.
· Process overhead and underground distribution construction invoices for payment.
o Processing of invoices, including reconciliation.
o Record keeping of pending/inspected jobs.
o Tracking of all work orders and invoices processed.
o Updating Contractor Open Work Orders-biweekly billing Status.
o Weekly invoice status meetings with contractors to resolve Invoice issues.
o Process all work orders within the Work Order Recap Process in order to generate a sample for inspection, review map/staking sheet for red-lines and to coordinate payment of contractor invoices prior to Work Order closing.
· Organize and maintain files for department personnel as directed.
o Complete filing in a timely and accurate manner.
o Prepare all correspondence for department management and designated personnel.
o Sort and distribute incoming mail.
o Create and process accounts payable invoices for CIAC, overhead and underground distribution construction, and engineering service fees.
· Answer and screen incoming calls and visitors. Respond to inquiries, answer questions, gather information and/or connect calls/visitors to the appropriate person or area.
· Maintain adequate supply of office supplies for the department; monitor and maintain office equipment.
· Develop and maintain schedules for training and meeting attendance, travel and other requirements for designated department personnel, as directed.
· Track productivity and released work order statistics; ensure that all work orders are closed and adjustments are completed timely.
· Maintain and make any needed administrative changes to the Engineering Services Database to provide accurate information for the Engineers’ workload and for R&O Construction to know what work is coming to them for scheduling.
· Assist the Land Rights Agent by scanning easements, large maps, surveys, and any other documents for archiving and record retention. Create service orders for the Land Rights Agent when someone requests SECO Energy to vacate an easement, when SECO Energy needs to acquire an easement, and when a member is inquiring where our easement is, and track them in the engineering data base for completion and closure.
· Fill in for the Sr. Staff Assistant and the Administrative Assistant when needed, such as vacation.
· Monitor all Engineering vehicle assignments and the monthly mileage usage to provide Fleet with a monthly report.
· Run monthly accounting reports, Miscellaneous Receivables Open Balance and Open Work Orders to manage aging invoices and work orders that are in the Engineering Hold File.
· Monitor the Engineering PORD bucket and create service order requests as needed. (Ex. Setting Power Quality Monitors because member has voltage drop and flicker issues)
· Assist Engineers by monitoring SmartTrack in iVUE daily to ensure:
o Engineers receive their assigned work.
o Update iVUE and the Engineering Services Database when CIAC payments, road permits, and easements are required/received
o Work orders/service orders are ready to release for construction.
· Assist the Inspectors/Compliance Specialists with creating service orders to correct code violations or change out poles that cannot wait for PSC Inspection.
· Assign Inspectors/Compliance Specialists service orders that come thru iVUE SmartTrack for inspection.
· Assist with processing contribution in aid of construction refunds for developers, including quarterly analysis and processing of refunds.
SECO Energy is a not-for-profit electric cooperative serving over 210,000 families and businesses across seven counties in Central Florida, making SECO the third largest electric co-op in Florida and the seventh largest in the nation.
In both 2017 and 2016, SECO Energy was ranked “Highest in Customer Satisfaction among Cooperatives” in the J.D. Power Electric Utility Residential Customer Satisfaction Study. In 2015, SECO Energy was ranked “Highest in Customer Satisfaction among Midsize Utilities in the South” by J.D. Power. SECO refers to the three consecutive awards as its “Triple Crown,” and we are grateful to our members for ranking us #1!