Under the direction of the Manager, Construction Projects and in conjunction with the facilities department staff, the facilities project specialist is responsible for assisting with the planning, coordination and completion of facility projects which may cross several function areas. Ensures project alignment with organizational and regulatory agencies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:A
1.Execute departmental office and equipment relocations. Provide oversight and assembly of furniture fixtures with vendors and subcontractors as needed. Maintain and track owner furniture stock
2. Perform coordination and oversight of projects with the vendors and subcontractors as need, including obtaining signoff from all required functional departments.
3. Support scheduling project functions, communicating to staff, and providing support as needed to meet timeline requirements for job execution.
4. Review furniture-fixtures and equipment design documents and architectural drawings for comment and execution as needed via direction from department leadership.
5. Confer with facilities management to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints and project problems as needed.
6. Provide oversight of MOP (Method of Procedures) with vendors and subcontractors as needed.
7. Coordinate infection control needs of projects-based activities. Work with infection prevention to develop mitigation strategies and ensures proper signoff/execution.
8. Displays and promotes professional, courteous and cooperative interaction with hospital staff, patients, families, physicians and leadership in meeting hospital needs and promoting teamwork.
9. Practices timely, efficient and cost-effective coordination of all aspects of construction as evidenced by consistently offers assistance to coworkers and changes priorities as needs change.
10. Follows all applicable policy management around safety in daily activities, including using good body mechanics, promoting safety culture, and knowing fire and disaster plan procedures.
11. Role models the principles of a Just Culture and Vail Health Values.
12. Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant
2 years facility engineering/maintenance experience required; health care setting preferred.
Ability to read blueprints, schematics and diagrams. Knowledge of use of meters and test equipment
Must have good communication skills and a strong attention to details.
Must have the ability to observe a problem, investigate it and follow-up with a solution.
Current Valid Driver's license and ability to pass Vail Health's Department of Motor Vehicle Report criteria
Must have working knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English.
Vail Health, formerly Vail Valley Medical Center, is a nonprofit community health care system serving patients and guests from around the world. Locally operated and governed by a volunteer board of directors, Vail Health includes a 56-bed hospital, accredited by the Joint Commission. Our 24/7 emergency department in Vail is a Level III Trauma Center with a nearby helipad for necessary medical transports. Vail Health provides a wide array of services and access points including Beaver Creek Medical Center, urgent care clinics in Avon and Gypsum, our Edwards medical campus, Eagle Healthcare Center and a multispecialty clinic in Frisco. Howard Head Sports Medicine offers physical therapy services at 10 locations and works closely with our internationally renowned orthopaedic partners at The Steadman Clinic and Vail-Summit Orthopaedics. In addition, Vail Health's Shaw Cancer Center and Sonnenalp Breast Center are the region’s only fully accredited cancer treatment center and comprehensive breast center. The Vail Clinic, which was founded in 1965, officially became “Vail Valley Medical Center” in 1980, its first year as a full-service hospital. At that time, we had one primary locatio...n and 25 physicians. Today, Vail Health has locations in nine towns, nearly 1,000 employees, 260 physician partners and 85 volunteers. Vail Health is an equal-opportunity employer. The hospital is handicap accessible and adheres to the Americans with Disabilities Act. Smoking is prohibited in our facilities. This includes e-cigarettes.