Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its nine colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
The University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; retirement plans; life insurance; short and long-term disability; employee assistance program (EAP); tuition remission; and generous time off.
Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
Department: Information Technology
Campus: Rose Hill (RH) - Bronx
This position is responsible for the direction and day to day management of Enterprise, Core and Web applications as well as supervision of the Database Administration team. The candidate must be able to multitask and balance strategic initiatives with tactical management to maintain operational excellence.
Essential Director Functions ● Strategic analysis, decision making and communication to the AVP of DevOps.
● Defines architecture, development, and document standards.
● Works with business analysts, project teams and other IT members to ensure consistent technical vision.
●Investigates/evaluates issues and opportunities for building more effective coordination of technical staff.
●Works with leadership & business partners on process analyses, strategic planning initiatives, and program development.
●Helps manage the area budget.
● Drives strategies to ensure that individual and team performance is consistent with overall IT and University strategic goals, business initiatives, priorities, and values.
Managerial responsibility within a function, with responsibility for setting expectations, defining roles, and coaching team members, hiring and staffing, staff development and succession. ●Team management, supervision, hiring and mentoring.
●Staff resource allocation and prioritization.
●Challenges and enhances analytical approaches or tools. ●Reviews and validates analysis, and develops recommendations in context of functional area or full project.
●Facilitates constructive communication across the team.
● Responsible for formal and informal communications about work, department operations and related matters within IT and occasionally for formal communications about IT initiatives outside of the department.
● Communicates engagement status, progress, and impact to university managers.
● Guides team to understand and evaluate relationships between project goals and career development.
● Conducts interviews and provides input to hiring decisions.
● Ensures team awareness of and familiarity with industry.
● Reviews deliverables to ensure that they meet expectations and are consistent with IT standards.
● Manages day to day relationships with vendors and consultants.
● Demonstrates knowledge of client's business model and decision-making framework and identifies areas of improvement.
● Applies knowledge of organization and business processes to identify potential areas for improvement.
● Manages and integrates new business process and application design; recommends gap resolutions based on project and industry experience.
Enterprise Applications ●Supervisory management and administration of Banner ERP ecosystem.
●Supervisory management and administration of Payment applications.
●Supervisory management of satellite applications for administrative functions.
Core Applications ●Supervisory management and administration of Google Workspaces.
●Supervisory management and administration of Office 365.
●Supervisory management and administration of CRM applications.
●Supervisory management and administration of email messaging platforms.
Web and RAD teams ● Strategic management and administration of public/intranet website and CMS infrastructure.
● Management and administration of Wordpress instances.
● Strategic direction for a Rapid Application Development program.
Database Administration ●Supervisory management of the DBA group.
BPM & Workflow Administration ●Set and maintain Digital Transformation strategies.
●Management and Administration of Enterprise workflows.
●Set and enforce ECM data retention policies.
●Bachelor's degree in technology, or a related technical discipline.
●8-10 years relevant experience with progressively increasing management responsibilities.
●Strong understanding of technical, business, and cultural environment of higher education in general and Fordham in particular.
●Demonstrated expertise in:
○ Vendor management, determination of needs, RFP, etc.
○ Developing and delivering presentations of technical matters in a clear and understandable manner.
○ Customer service.
○ Ability to interact professionally with staff, faculty, and students.
●Bachelor's degree in Computer Science.
●Masters degree in business, management and/or technology.
●Minimum 10 years' management experience in an application development, solutions provider environment.
●Superior written and oral communication skills.
● Excellent presentation, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
● Ability to plan, coordinate, implement and maintain complex activities.
● Ability to work in a team environment.
● Knowledge of and experience with enterprise-level information technology systems (including ERP, CRM), cloud computing models, information technology audit and information security procedures, business processes, various operating systems. ●Familiarity with the OWASP top ten.
●Offensive or defensive security certifications.
●Hands-on experience managing large websites with a distributed authoring base.
●Experience with User Portals, UI/UX design.
●Knowledge of federated authentication frameworks.
●Familiarity with physical security systems.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Fordham Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United kingdom.