Serious Inquiries may contact Carol Macy at (307) 365-6065
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Inspect, install, remove, and repair electrical equipment in a safe, logical, and efficient manner complying with all electrical codes and safety regulations, including existing and new construction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND TASKS:
1. Exudes our core values: Friendly, Innovative, Integrity and Hardworking.
2. Communicates the High West mission, goals and strategies.
3. Exhibits excellent customer service both externally with members/customers and internally with High West employees (cooperation, timely paperwork, etc.).
4. Assists in maintaining the security of the company’s assets and data from hazards, including physical and cyber.
5. Must be able to drive automotive equipment and maintain a current driver's license applicable to the class of vehicle to be driven and must have a thorough knowledge of applicable traffic laws and rules governing safe driving practices. Must operate and maintain vehicle(s) in a safe and efficient manner, practicing good housekeeping with said vehicle(s) and associated equipment as assigned.
6. Electricians are required to do a wide range of jobs on numerous electrical installations, grain bin motors, load centers, switchgear, irrigation pivots, fire protection systems, communications systems, grounding systems, lighting systems, heating systems, elevators, and generator equipment. With respect to the systems and equipment listed above, the following duties are performed:
7. Will be involved with inventory and the billing of inventory, working closely with the office employees responsible for these duties.
8. Miscellaneous duties include, but are not limited to:
a. contributing to overall plant safety by adhering to safety standards
b. assisting in the instruction and on-the-job training of apprentices and trainees as assigned
c. keeping personal work areas clean and free of safety hazards
9. Perform other duties as assigned
Work is performed indoors and outdoors. Work performed indoors may include sitting, kneeling, standing, or climbing a ladder. Work performed outdoors will include driving a motor vehicle, and the weather may be inclement at times. Outdoor work will include kneeling, sitting, standing, or climbing a ladder.
To maintain a safe working environment, each High West employee shall:
Adhere to the High West Safety Manual and abide by the rules adopted by the Cooperative and applicable governmental regulations.
Attend and participate in High West Safety Meetings as assigned.
Comply with all NESC, OSHA, DOT, PSC, and Federal Motor Carrier regulations.
Take responsibility for their own safe work practices and the safety of others.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (IF ANY):
Intermittent standing, stooping, bending, and walking. Lifting objects up to 50 pounds may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to those who are able to perform the essential duties of the job.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS, ABILITIES AND KNOWLEDGE:
The work is highly technical and analytical in nature. It requires excellent eye/hand coordination and the ability to work with small components and delicate instruments. The work requires extensive walking, climbing, crawling, bending, and working in awkward positions. The work also requires the application of independent reasoned judgments, mechanical aptitude, and abstract reasoning pertaining to the identification, analysis, evaluation, and disposition of the job duties listed above. In addition, the employee may be required to work in high or confined places and may be exposed to extremes of temperature, noise, dust, fumes, and high voltages. The employee must be able to adapt to revised schedules and periodic long hours of work, manage changes in methods and priorities of work, and deal with disputes professionally.
Guidelines consist of supervisory directions, written procedures, diagrams, drawings, and independent judgment.
Successful performance on pre-employment tests may be required.
The incumbent must be able to pass any required drug test, alcohol test, new hire physical examination and background checks. The incumbent must be able to maintain the confidentiality of any information s/he encounters.
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT:
Tools and equipment could include, but are not limited to: