Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its nine colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United Kingdom.
The University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; flexible spending accounts; retirement plans; life insurance; short and long-term disability; employee assistance program (EAP); tuition remission; and generous time off.
Successful candidates should have a knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Jesuit Education.
Department: Capital Programs and Planning
Campus: Rose Hill (RH) - Bronx
Directs the Capital Programs and Planning Department covering Rose Hill and Lincoln Center campuses, and various construction, renovation and restoration projects throughout the University's facilities.
· Supervises the Capital Programs and Planning Department and coordinates projects with small staff of project managers and administrators for all University facilities. Supports projects at all University campuses and properties.
· Delegates and assigns projects to the staff. Primarily responsible to manage relationships with professional consultants and construction contractors. Makes recommendations for the selection and supervision of outside consultants.
· Provides technical consultation to Facilities Operations Departments and various other departments and staff on an as needed basis.
· Administer staff operating budget and participate in capital project planning and budget preparation. Manages deferred maintenance and capital renewal budgets and project execution.
· Establishes priorities and recommend areas to assure the reliable and safe operation of the facility.
· Prepares engineering studies, meet with technical consultants, prepare technical specifications. Oversees space management and planning.
· Reviews bid plans and specifications and approve or comment as required.
· Maintains project schedules, inspect work in place and authorize payments.
· B.S. Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Civil Engineering or Architecture. Advanced degree preferred but not mandatory.
· PE or RA license or ability to obtain preferred.
· Proficiency in technical matters concerning facility operations such as power distribution, HVAC control, energy management, computer programming, piping design, building design.
· Minimum seven (7) years of experience in the engineering field, primarily with facilities design and operation or Owner's Representation.
· Supervisory experience of other engineers/architects highly desirable.
· Project management and field investigation experience highly desirable.
Fordham University is committed to excellence through diversity and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds.
Fordham is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Fordham Founded in 1841, Fordham is the Jesuit University of New York, offering an exceptional education distinguished by the Jesuit tradition to more than 16,000 students in its 9 colleges and schools. It has residential campuses in the Bronx and Manhattan, a campus in West Harrison, N.Y., the Louis Calder Center Biological Field Station in Armonk, N.Y., and the London Centre in the United kingdom.