Under administrative direction, provides senior leadership and oversight for the airport development activities including Engineering & Construction, Environmental & Sustainability, Planning & Grants, and Compliance & Inclusion. Interfaces with Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and other federal, state, and city officials.
• Works in collaboration and continually develops relationships with the FAA, TSA and other stakeholders
• Identifies and establishes airport development goals, objectives, and metrics consistent with the DPC and City of Cleveland strategic initiatives
• Provides leadership for airport development personnel, contractors, consultants and/or vendors who direct activities that support airport projects, environmental and sustainability services, compliance and inclusion
• Budgetary and contract development and management
• Develops and implements departmental airport development policies and procedures that enforce ordinances, uphold rules and regulations, and optimizes airport development practices
A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Airport Management, Business Management or another closely related field from a four-year accredited college or university.
At least six years of full-time paid progressively responsible administrative, supervisory and management experience.
NIMS and ICS certifications for Management tier and any assigned working groups must be completed within six months of employment.
The City of Cleveland, Department of Port Control (DPC) is the Airport Operator for Cleveland Hopkins International and Burke Lakefront Airports, in addition to the harbors. DPC's purpose is to create a competitive airport of choice by providing an authentic, safe travel experience that exceeds our passengers’ expectations and builds the trust of our partners, our people and our stakeholders. DPC's vision is to connect Cleveland’s diverse community with the world and to focus on our strategic priorities of customers, employees, financial health, future state and stakeholders driving all we do. We are equipped, agile and prepared through the development and commitment of our talent who are empowered to deliver for the future of our airports as an economic generator for the City of Cleveland and the region. DPC's Employee Value Proposition (EVP) is to provide an inclusive culture that recognizes in order to maintain a competitive advantage as an airport operator, we must heighten our awareness and appreciate our differences while offering compensation, opportunities for development, growth and flexibility to our most valued contributors, our employees.This is an exciting time to j...oin a team that is making a difference. The DPC connects people to people, people to places and people to opportunities!