Work closely with the Senior Leadership Team, architectural/engineering design team(s), consultants, and business contacts to create and develop overall design concepts for off-site construction of modular units. The Director of Virtual Design and Construction will be responsible for reviewing and conducting clashes of the design and trade models. This role will start on the front end and continue into auditing the physical manufacturing and construction processes.
1. Responsible for review, drafting, designing, and interpreting engineering drawings in Revit, AutoCAD, and other BIM software.
2. Develops and implements BIM strategy.
3. Leads project management of VDC/BIM projects across the VDC spectrum.
4. Identifies opportunities for efficiency and continuous improvement for manufacturability in the factory and constructability on- site.
5. Develop site utilization and execution planning with factory and construction teams.
6. Provides construction and field coordination to identify modular design improvement for ease construction.
7. Manages BIM and VDC across the project lifecycle including design, manufacturing, construction, operations, and facilities management.
8. Advises Project Leadership on design and engineering related items during project setup.
9. Reviews production drawings with A/E design packages, manages stud roller inputs (e.g., Tekla or Structsoft), analyzes and improves manufacturing processes and assures product and process quality.
10. Develops and implements QA/QC process for on-site installation of modular components.
11. Develops and maintains relationships with engineers, design consultants, subcontractors, vendors, inspectors, and other business partners.
12. Participates in planning meetings, reviews, and provides input into the project's scope of work and specifications, and the timeline to ensure an on-time and on-budget project completion.
13. Lead and facilitate continuous improvement, design changes, and upgrades.
14. Provide cost effective solutions to problems effecting the product while maintaining the integrity of the design.
15. Creates "Visual Operating Procedures" using digital and photographic images.
16. Create field installation and factory detail build details for local inspectors and installation crews.
17. Partner with 3rd Party inspectors on drawings and plan oversight.
18. Support team with local permitting and planning review per jurisdiction for each project.
Depending on the position offered, regular full-time and part-time team members may be eligible to participate in a bonus program in addition to their base salary. Once eligible, team members may participate in the 401k plan. Regular, full-time team members are also offered a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits from which to choose.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
National Platform with Local ExpertiseGreystar, founded in 1993, provides world-class service in the multifamily real estate business. Our innovative business model integrates the management, development and investment disciplines of the multifamily industry on both national and local levels. This unique approach and our commitment to hiring the very best multifamily professionals have resulted in record growth, making us one of the most respected and trusted multifamily real estate companies in the country.Because our business model includes both investment and service-oriented businesses, we’re able to maintain a constant presence in local markets and create value in all phases of the real estate cycle. Our national platform provides economies of scale, financial sophistication, institutional quality reporting and tremendous capital relationships, while our city offices provide local market expertise and execution.Our dedication to redefining excellence in apartment living means we’re constantly exploring innovative ideas and pioneering new ways to serve our residents and clients. The Greystar team is more than 5,300 team members strong and growing. Check out the latest opportunities.