Suffolk University is delighted to announce a career opportunity as a Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP)! The HRBP is responsible for the strategic and operational leadership of Human Resources (HR) for an assigned school, department or business unit. The HRBP serves as a strategic partner to key business leaders, providing insight on opportunities to leverage people to meet organizational objectives. The HRBP coordinates with relevant HR units and shared services departments to influence departmental policy to support HR-related business initiatives.
Leverages a deep understanding of the business strategy to provide expert insight. Influences division/business unit management on all aspects of people management, focusing on performance management; organization development and effectiveness; and employee productivity.
- Develops and implements organizational capability initiatives and workforce strategies for the assigned school/department/business unit. Leads talent review(s), diversity & inclusion initiatives, and in partnership with other HR units, develops talent acquisition strategies that align to division/business unit needs.
- Aligns the delivery of HR services to proactively integrate with organizational initiatives. Develops and implements best in class HR practices across the schools/departments/business unit to support business objectives, strategic priorities and department philosophy.
- Identifies, develops, and implements HR programs that support business objectives and key performance priorities of assigned division/department/business unit. Identifies ways to improve operational efficiency
- Participates in relevant leadership team meetings to develop operating plans, and ensure that the unit has the people, organizational alignment, and culture to enable it to execute effectively to meet near-term and long-range goals.
- Pro-actively identifies key business issues and the related people, organizational and cultural implications.
- Responsible for organizational development; change management; leadership development; diversity & inclusion; and the associated enhancement of performance of the unit.
- Recommends and implements improvements to goal setting within the unit; performance management processes; and implements customized learning and development programs.
- Supports key change management needs and the development of a high-performance culture.
- Works to align workforce plans and strategies with budget allocations/constraints
- Serves as a strategic partner, providing expert insight on all aspects of people management.
- Provides day-to-day coaching to leadership on a variety of actions to include employee relations issues, policy interpretation and application; talent management and development; and organizational design consultation.
- Provides coaching to business leaders on people-management topics.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with HR policies and procedures; collective bargaining agreements; and employment law.
- Represents the business interests of the assigned school/department/business unit and coordinates with HR and other shared services departments in the development of HR policies; collective bargaining agreements; and other labor agreements. Works with business leaders to facilitate the adoption of such policies and agreements.
- Leverages HR resources to respond to issues relevant to the division/business unit. Gathers data, information, and feedback to influence continuous improvement of HR service delivery and align HR support models to match business and employee needs.
- Develops and implements HR metrics and reporting to facilitate decision-making.
- Monitors external market trends relative to talent issues across the division/business unit and demonstrate proactive efforts to address emerging HR issues.
- Liaison with internal Human Resources functions on organizational design, recognition, staffing, compensation, benefits, training and employee relations and general support of performance management, promotions and other employee transactions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience as a Human Resources Business Partner
- Broad knowledge in a variety of human resources disciplines
- Ability to effectively implement change management.
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills
- Demonstrated strong listening, and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think through problems, organize information, and identify key factors and underlying causes to generate solutions.
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion
- Ability to persuade, convince, influence, and gain the buy-in of others.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality
- Ability to effectively coach, deliver constructive feedback, inspire and develop staff
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, leadership capabilities, including people development, objective setting, and measurement skills
- Preferred/nice to have: Experience working in unionized environment or labor relations experience.
About Suffolk University
From its founding in 1906 to the present day, Suffolk University has grown to be an integral part of the city of Boston, woven into the fabric of the city, its people, and its institutions.
When you step out of one of our buildings--one of the many benefits of going to school and working in downtown Boston--you're stepping into the vibrant heart of the city, with all of the action and opportunity that comes with it. From the global firms of the Financial District to the halls of the State House on Beacon Hill, you'll find professional connections waiting for you.
From the shops of Downtown Crossing to the restaurants of Chinatown to the venues of the Theatre District, you'll find an endless variety of things to do, all within walking distance of campus.
At Suffolk University we are driven by the power of education, inclusion, and engagement to change lives and positively impact communities. Committed to excellence, we provide students with experiential and transformational learning opportunities that begin in the center of Boston, reach across the globe, and lead to extraordinary outcomes for our graduates.
Suffolk University provides the opportunity for an enriching education to academically qualified students. We are committed to creating opportunities for students to pursue an education that will help them achieve their personal and career goals.