Purchase, New York
Burr Ridge, Illinois
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
San Jose, California
Any Tri-State Location,
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- BS Electrical Engineering with focus on industrial electronics and instrumentation. Minimum of ten (10) years progressively responsible related work experience which demonstrates advanced capabilities and use of sophisticated engineering approaches.
- Comprehensive understanding of pulse power and high current source rectifiers.
- Strong background in applying safety principles in a setting that includes severe electrical hazards.
- Comprehensive understanding of AC and DC medium voltage power circuits.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience with LABVIEW and PLC based feedback control loops
- Experience with industrial process control systems, instrumentation, and system integration
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with circuit simulation, finite element electromagnetic analysis and design packages like COMSOL, AutoCAD or Solid Work.
- MS degree highly preferred.
- Knowledge of high-power magnet power supplies and pulsed power systems used in accelerators.
- Protection of superconducting accelerator magnets.
- Familiarity of High Temperature Superconductors and their application as accelerator magnet coils.
- Experience with analog and digital circuit design including FPGA.
- Familiar with design and programming of motion control systems with servo and stepper motors.
- Ability to work with a diverse set of scientists, engineers and technical staff with varying skill levels and backgrounds.
- Formal training in Project Management, PMP, EVMS knowledge.
At Brookhaven National Laboratory we believe that a comprehensive employee benefits program is an important and meaningful part of the compensation employees receive. Our benefits program includes, but is not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Care Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time-off and Leave Programs (vacation, holidays, sick leave, paid parental leave)
- Lab-funded Retirement Plan
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Tuition Assistance, Training and Professional Development Programs
- Employee Fitness/Wellness & Recreation: Gym/Basketball Courts, Weight Room, Fitness Classes, Indoor Pool, Tennis Courts, Sports Clubs/Activities (Basketball, Ping Pong, Softball, Tennis)