You have a clear vision of where your career can go. And we have the leadership to help you get there. At CNA, we strive to create a culture in which people know they matter and are part of something important, ensuring the abilities of all employees are used to their fullest potential.
CNA seeks to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to our employees that helps them — and their family members — achieve their physical, financial, emotional and social wellbeing goals.
As one of the country’s largest writers of commercial and specialty insurance, CNA depends on the talent, expertise and enthusiastic engagement of our employees. We provide insurance protection to more than 1 million businesses and professionals in the U.S. and internationally, offering unique expertise for the businesses and industries we serve. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to serve a broad range of customers while supporting our communities through charitable contributions and employee volunteerism.
CNA’s Tech Summer Internship Program is looking to create a team of interns for a dynamic and fast pace 10-12 week training program that provides hands on experience and unique opportunities across a variety of technologies. Data Engineering interns will participate in the design, development and integration of strategic, high-priority data applications across the entire software development lifecycle.
Program Features and Benefits:
· Challenging, innovative assignments that provide real-world experience in applying technical education to technology projects
· Participate in the building of large-scale data processing systems and data lakes, optimized for both computational and storage efficiency on Google Cloud Platform
· Apply technical knowledge on data modeling and best engineering practices
· Participate in design of complex physical data models, projects and cloud-based data lake constructs, including SQL/NoSQL database systems
· Work directly with experienced CNA developers to learn Agile programming methodology
· In-depth education in technology, the insurance industry, CNA’s organization and how Technology plays a leading role in an insurer’s profitability
· A dedicated manager and a mentor who will guide you throughout your internship program at CNA
· Opportunities to meet with members of our senior leadership team and learn about their personal experiences in Technology within the insurance industry
· Professional and personal development activities and ongoing feedback and coaching on performance
· Consideration for potential full-time placement upon graduation
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
· Must be a sophomore, junior or senior (undergraduate) or in first year of Masters program pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
· A minimum 3.00 GPA is required (overall and major)
· Working knowledge of relational database concepts
· 1+ years of coding proficiency in at least one programming language (Python, R , SQL)
· Interest in the Insurance Industry
· Some previous work experience preferred
· Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment, and the ability to cultivate and maintain positive business relationships
· Strong organizational skills
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Effective problem solving, analytical aptitude, learn quickly and embrace change
· Ability to learn and change quickly
· Demonstrated leadership ability
CNA’s corporate headquarters is located in the heart of downtown Chicago at 151 N Franklin St, near all public transportation from the city and suburbs. The program will employ a hybrid working model, alternating between working in the office and from home.
CNA is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the recruitment process. To request an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
At CNA, we are focused on success, individually and collectively. We pride ourselves on promoting a culture that challenges and engages people. We strive to connect people, departments and business areas, to function as a team, and to serve our customers and communities with professionalism and respect.
Our dedication to employee engagement, continuous learning and the open exchange of ideas is the cornerstone of our business. These ideals, combined with our focus on the customer, enable us to explore new market opportunities and build on our success.
Our values, culture and financial strength are what differentiates us from other employers and make CNA the place you want to work.