The Facilities Planner will provide programming, feasibility studies, space planning and design, furniture layouts, specifications/documentation, move management and coordination. Provide design expertise and leadership for multiple space planning and small interior renovation projects. Projects are typically interior projects and in the range of up to $500,000 with support of the Project Management staff on all larger and capital projects for interior finishes and furniture. The Lehigh community takes seriously our commitment to antiracism and The Principles of our Equitable Community.
1. Plan, design and manage small in-house interior renovations for campus buildings, sometimes in collaboration with a Building Manager or Project Manager; includes interior finishes, furniture selections, signage and moves *Meet with campus stakeholders to determine space, design and furniture needs and develop solutions *Prepare schematic plans and sketches or construction drawings (interior partition walls only) as needed *Select interior finishes and furniture and prepare finish boards, as needed; to be reviewed with campus stakeholders *Prepare outline or scope of work for vendors/contractors *Prepare preliminary project estimates *Coordinate moves; moves could be single office, entire department and/or equipment moves *Work in collaboration with Contractors, Project Managers and Building Managers to coordinate work by all parties; duties can include coordinating work with contractor's work and writing work orders as appropriate
2. Lead and/or provide support for all assigned architectural programming, feasibility and space planning projects, at times in collaboration with others in the Planning, Design and Construction offices *Assess existing space and furniture utilization and propose solutions, both new and reused from surplus property *Provide architectural programming expertise for assigned projects *Be able to generate multiple space and furniture layout design options and solutions
3. Provide support for interior finishes and/or furniture selections on capital projects as part of the project team, reporting to Associate Director, Project Manager, or other Lehigh Facilities Representative(s); duties will include interior finishes, furniture selections, signage and moves *Assemble interior finishes and furniture selections for projects, to be reviewed with campus stakeholders *Place orders for furniture and coordinate and accept deliveries, in coordination with the Project Manager *Work with Project Managers and Building Managers on project-related duties as needed *Manage all used furniture requests across the campuses and have ongoing knowledge of the University Surplus Property Inventory in order to fulfill requests
4. Maintain and update library of samples and product data; maintain and assist with updates to design standards, including furniture and signage standards *Meet with interior finishes and furniture representatives as needed *Assist with the documentation, updating and maintenance of design standards
5. Communication regarding assigned projects *Effectively communicate with campus stakeholders regarding their programming, space, interior finishes, furniture, signage, move coordination and overall aspects of the project *Communication can be graphic, verbal and written as pertinent and the most effective
Position Number: S97450
Grade: 9-40; $53,580-$65,210
This is an approximate range and is subject to change based on experience, skills and qualifications.
Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing an accommodation for any part of the interview or hiring process may contact Lehigh's Accommodations Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org
The duties of this position may allow the employee to work partially remote as deemed appropriate by their supervisor
This position is funded by soft dollars and is not eligible for severance
This position is responsible for driving University-owned vehicles as a routine function, therefore a valid Driver’s License and a good driving record is required
Will sometimes need to lift up to 25 pounds, pull or push, reach, see, use hands to touch, handle or feel
Associates Degree in Architecture, Interior Design, a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience; Bachelor's Degree preferred
NCIDQ Certification preferred
One to three years of related work experience
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Experience with design, space planning, architectural programming and furniture layouts preferred
Demonstrated experience with commercial furniture selection and procurement is a must for consideration for this position
Move coordination and signage experience preferred
Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously, in an institutional or similar environment is preferred
Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
Excellent computer skills with experience using word processing, spreadsheet and database software
Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, national criminal background checks, motor vehicle checks, PATCH, FBI fingerprinting, Child Abuse Clearance and credit history based upon the requirements of the position
Only complete applications will be considered therefore please complete the application in its entirety. Once the posting is removed from the website applications may no longer be allowed to be completed.
Lehigh is a premier residential research university, ranked in the top tier of national research universities each year. We are a coeducational, nondenominational, private university that offers a distinct academic environment of undergraduate and graduate students from across the globe.