Kandiyohi Power Cooperative is looking for a talented electrical engineer with proven industry and leadership experience who will help us safely and reliably ensure our distribution system meets present and future load requirements.
Our Engineering & Operations Manager position is a full-time, exempt role offering a highly competitive wage based on experience, with the opportunity for a flexible work environment.
This Engineering & Operations Manager role would be a great fit for an individual who successfully:
- Creates conditions by which KPC can achieve its engineering and operations goals.
- Manages department operations to ensure the expected levels of planning, evaluation and support for construction, maintenance, preventative maintenance, and line service activities.
- Oversees metering, SCADA, and AMI systems; determining what standards need to be followed.
- Oversees regular monitoring and analysis of distribution system health and performance in terms of loading, power factor, load factor, outages, demand, line-loss, etc.
- Manages and works cross departmentally to maintain a collaborative team atmosphere, providing clear direction of work responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering; Professional Engineer’s License for the state of Minnesota, preferred.
- Minimum work experience of 5+ years in an Engineering or Operations role, and 2+ years’ experience in a leadership role.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and other applicable laws and their effect on decisions and actions in the workplace including NESC, RUS specifications and drawings.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with a wide variety of people and organizations.
A full job description may be found at kpcoop.com under "My Cooperative" and selecting "Career Opportunities". If interested in applying, please email your cover letter, resume, and at least two professional references to email@example.com or call Kim Hanson with any questions (320)796-0989.
Kandiyohi Power Cooperative is proud to be an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Kandiyohi Power Cooperative is a member-owned electric cooperative located in beautiful west central Minnesota. Our mission is to safely provide our member-owners with reliable, sustainable and innovative energy solutions. Our team works together to provide our members with safe, reliable and affordable electrical service. KPC offers a comprehensive benefits package.